Saturday, December 17, 2011

Some Buddy to Love

Ok, if you know me, you know I love cats…and that I have a cat (named Cat…but we call him Buddy!) that Todd had gotten for me back in 1998 when he had first moved to Atlanta. It was Todd’s first gesture of commitment to our long distance relationship. Although I still lived in CT at the time, he had gotten this kitten for me to love when I came to visit and in the future when I was to move in. Fast forward to present day and Cat is still around…and provides such love, joy and comfort to us. He is a loveable and spoiled little guy. He sleeps with us, sits on the bathroom counter with me when I get ready for work every weekday morning and generally makes me really happy. In fact, he is sitting right next to me as I type this, purring away.  Every so often, I reach over and pat his head!

Anyway, following the loss of Isla, I feel like he could sense my sadness. He came and cuddled next to me every single night in the days after we got home from the hospital. He does cuddle with us at night usually, but this was different. I felt like he was hesitant to leave my side. He cuddled a little higher up and stayed put. I was so thankful for this b/c I had many sleepless nights where I was up thinking about the why’s, what-if’s and should-have-beens. Thank you, Buddy for your companionship, love, purrs and comfort. I love you to infinity, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment