Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have gained some new followers since my story was posted on the Faces of Hope, Faces of Loss Website. Welcome to you all and thank you for your comments and support. As I have time, I am also checking out your blogs as well.



Today is Valentines Day and it seems there are mixed emotions from people about this day and what it means. Some feel it is a contrived "Hallmark Holiday" created to make money off the suckers who buy in to the hype (like ME!!!!!) I for one, have always loved Valentine's Day. I love the pink and red, the hearts, flowers and chocolates and having an excuse to make the day a little more special than usual!  I don't think it is only for those in a relationship, but a day for celebrating "love" in general and the appreciation and love we feel for our parents, children & friends. Since I was a kid, my Mom  always made this day special. She would set the dinner table with extra touches...flowers & pretty napkins. We'd eat dinner and then indulge in a yummy dessert as we opened our Valentine's. So, I think of my Mom with much love on this day for always making me feel loved, Valentine's Day or not.  Tonight, I will follow her traditions and enjoy a festive evening with Todd and Emma  as we celebrate the loving bond of our little family. I am thinking of Isla today and wish that she was here on earth with us. I bet my Mom is taking care of her in heaven!

I'd like to wish everyone a very happy Valentine's Day full of love and treats!

My little Valentine...love her so much!

1 comment:

  1. Tara "Sullivan" IuteriFebruary 14, 2012 at 9:46 AM

    Oh Katy! I know your mama is taking good care of baby Isla and Isla is with you, Todd and Emma today giving you all giant hugs! I have said it before and will say it again, you are a very strong, graceful and loving woman!
    Happy Valentine's Day Kate! You deserve it! <3

    ReplyDelete